Following are some keywords and concepts about the fourth house to help unlock your creative exploration of your own - or others' - fourth house placements.
The Fourth House: Key Concepts
Key Words and Concepts: Roots ♥ Bonded Relationships ♥ Radical Commitment ♥ Hero & Shadow ♥ Family ♥ The Homeland ♥ Living Under One Roof ♥ The Innermost Self ♥ The Presence of the Ancestors ♥ A Sense of Place ♥ Absolute Loyalty ♥ The Urge to Nurture and Protect ♥ Ancestors
Critical Questions . . .
- The meaning of "family" is changing—what does it signify to you today?
- Where is your natural family, and what do you mean by the term?
- What are the characteristics of your natural home?
- To what inner archetypes must you remain true if you are to maintain contact with your own soul—or truly share it with someone else?
- What ancestors watch over you, in any sense? How do you honor them?
- Where, physically and geographically, do you return for renewal?
- Where and how must you surrender to the trans-rational voice of your soul—or lose contact with it?
- We are the only species in history that has ever forgotten how to mate.
- A house is not a home.
- One of us will go to the other one’s funeral
- All the truly important decisions of life must be made irrationally.
If you're studying astrology, consider the following "essay questions" for further reflection:
We are living in the only historical period in which bonded kinship ties of marriage and DNA do not define us and protect us—good news or bad?
We are living in a historical period in which people routinely move away from home, kinship, and friendship for their careers—good news or bad?
- Steven Forrest