TIMING: Between 2012 and 2015, Uranus will square Pluto seven times. This square came into orb in 2009 and will remain in orb through 2016. Here are the dates of the exact squares between Uranus in Aries and Pluto in Capricorn:
- June 24, 2012 at 8° 24
- September 19, 2012 at 6° 57'
- May 20, 2013 at 11° 14'
- November 1, 2013 at 9° 26'
- April 21, 2014 at 13° 34'
- December 15, 2014.at 12° 35'
- March 16, 2015 with Pluto at 15° 18'
Before the first exact square in 2012:
- July 5, 2010 Uranus stationed at 0° 35' Aries, with Pluto at 3° 52' Capricorn.
- July 9, 2011, Uranus stationed at 4° 34' Aries with Pluto at 5° 54 Capricorn.
After the seven exact squares, on December 25, 2015, Uranus will be stationary direct at 16° 33' Aries, with Pluto at 14° 51' Capricorn. The squares will then fade in intensity through 2016 and 2017.
The 2012-2015 squares are part of a longer Uranus-Pluto cycle that began with the Uranus-Pluto conjunctions on 10/9/65, 4/4/65 and 6/30/66. Both planets were within reasonable orbs of the conjunction aspect from 1961 through the end of 1969.
The historical cycle of Uranus-Pluto conjunctions alternates between approximately 111 and 143 years, due to Pluto's highly eccentric orbit.
Key Evolutionary Concepts
- Breaking points (Pluto) can be breakthrough points (Uranus)
- Crisis (Uranus) relieves chronic stress (Pluto)
- Facing one’s woundedness (Pluto) leads to personal liberation (Uranus)
- Via synchronicity, successful inner work (Pluto) triggers magic—walls turn into doors (Uranus)
- Sudden changes (Uranus) often reveal underlying issues (Pluto)
- Bold moves (Uranus) can lead to empowerment and insight (Pluto)
Pluto’s Key Questions in terms of its transiting position in Capricorn:
- What do I not want to face or admit?
- Where am I experiencing a crisis in terms of my failing grip on control?
- What do I no longer need to defend?
- What is the price tag on what I have been successfully “enduring?” Why have I endured it?
Uranus’s Key Questions in terms of its transiting position in Aries:
- Where must I think freshly about who I am and what I truly need and want?
- What is the right use of my “sword?”
- What must I defend at all costs?
- Rage (Aries) and self-righteousness (Capricorn) are a dangerous combination
- Impulsiveness (Uranus) and madness (Pluto) are a dangerous combination
Remember: The basic engineering difference between a bomb and a rocket is that the rocket has a better sense of direction.